13 November 2010

Getting Healthy


First off, a big THANK YOU!!!! to everyone who sent me cards, text or calls yesterday on my birthday! I had a great day, sleeping in, then heading don the back-roads to Boise for sushi and to walk around the city a bit. I had originally planned on traveling to Eugene for my birthday, but due to weather hazards, that was nixxed. Instead, I took the money I would have spent on gas and I got a juicer....

Sean and I watched some really fantastic documentaries about food, nutrition and lifestyle and the effects on health, and after some research we have decided to begin a diet of about 55-70 percent raw foods. It has been an adventure, and an investment in a juicer has been brilliant. Right now I am drinking a meal of five carrots and three apples....no sugar added, no fat and it is delicious!

I would encourage everyone to think hard about how they are eating... Are you getting all your needs from food, or is food just a filler?

No comments: