18 January 2008

I'm a big 'fraidy cat


You probably see this picture of a cat and think it is cute, that it is a friendly companion animal. You are wrong. Cats are frightening. Here is a list of other things that frighten me:
  • eighteen-wheelers
  • driving on ice
  • walking over man-hole covers
  • cooked green beans
  • infants, toddlers, and small children
  • strap-less bras
  • dead fish that still have their heads
  • guns
  • jumping into water
  • falling down waterfalls
  • prosthetic eyes
  • big houses with partially pulled blinds at night
  • getting lost
  • toilets overflowing
  • making other people mad or disappointed
  • swimming with my face in the water
  • war, fighting and arguing
  • public restrooms
  • one of the gardens at Belknap Hot Springs
  • really crowded places
  • really muscle y men who slather themselves with oil
  • prescription medications
  • waking up with one or more extremities completely asleep
  • getting all tangled up in my blankets and waking up unable to move
  • throwing up
  • birds
  • touching live fish
  • overly aggressive and confrontational people
  • making phone calls, even if I've known the person for years
  • money issues
  • southern baptist bible thumpers
  • a whole chicken in a can
  • backing cars up my driveway
So I think this sums it all up, I am afraid of a lot of random things.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

KJ! Your list is amazing and awesome! We share some similar fears - prosthetic eye!? I never imagined that, but you're right -- terrifying!! Oh boy. I am so happy you're blogging. Welcome, sister, welcome to fun!!