07 January 2008


Some of you may be aware of my most recent obsession--SQUIRRELS!
Over winter break I found a good way of passing the time, watching the squirrels in the backyard frolic about. I named two of them, Lucy, a dainty little one, and my favorite, Jim, a big fatty. I even left walnuts out for them, well for Jim as he ate as many as he could and then hid the rest from Lucy. This whole obsession began on a blustery day when Jim was minding his own business on the fence, just chillaxin, when suddenly a big gust of wind swept him off the fence. What indignity for a squirrel! But I was instantly enamored by him.
I realize I will probably end up living in the woods with squirrels as my friends, but I'm fine with that, they only ask for nuts.

~Namaste~

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Squirrels are terrific, and you are, too! You must get your love of the critters from Grandpa Neff.